Dr. Perry J. Evangelista
Dr. Perry J. Evangelista
Dr. Evangelista specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and has many clinical interests including:
- Partial Knee Replacement (Uni Knee)
- Total Knee Replacement
- Revision (Redo) Partial and Total Knee Replacement
- Complications with Knee Replacement
- Robotic Surgery
- Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Revision (Redo) Total Hip Replacement
- Complications with Hip Replacement
- Navigation Technology
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Labral Tears
Dr. Evangelista takes care of most fractures of the upper and lower extremities and has a specialty interest in fractures around total joint replacements.
About Dr. Evangelista
Dr. Evangelista specializes in minimally invasive hip surgery including hip arthroscopy, anterior total hip replacement, total knee replacement, and partial knee replacement. He utilizes the latest in robotics, navigation, and patient specific implants to achieve optimal results. He has a special interest in difficult knee and hip replacements and in complications associated with knee and hip replacements that require revision surgery. Dr. Evangelista accepts hip and knee replacement complications from all over Arizona. Dr. Evangelista was honored to be selected as a member of the Orthopedic Trauma Team at HonorHealth’s Level One Trauma Center. Dr. Evangelista enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, golfing, playing tennis, and reading.
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- College Scholars Program
- Phi Beta Kappa
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Hospital for Joint Diseases – New York University, New York, NY
- Staff Physician:
- Alvin Ailey Dance Company
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Adult Reconstruction advanced training
- Hip preservation advanced training
- Minimally invasive hip and knee replacement
- Robotic surgery advanced training
- Pirruccio, Kevin BA; Evangelista PJ, Haw, Jonathan MD; Goldberg, Tyler MD; Sheth, Neil P. MD Safely Implementing the Direct Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty, Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: February 03, 2020 - Volume Publish Ahead of Print - Issue - doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-19-00752
- Evangelista PJ, Lenz N, Laster S, Sheth NP, Schwarzkopf R. Patellofemoral imbalance in a balanced total knee arthroplasty: How does it occur? J Knee Surg, 2019. 32 (02): 192-195.
- Evangelista PJ, Okroj K, Plummer D, Della Valle C, Schwarzkopf R. Do Cemented Dual-Mobility Cups Confer Stability for Patients at High Risk of Dislocation in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty? J Hip Surg, 2018. 02 (02): 088-091.
- Evangelista PJ, Laster SK, Lenz NM, Sheth NP, Schwarzkopf R. A computer model of mid-flexion instability in a balanced total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty, 2018 Jul;33(7S):S265-S269. Doi:10.1016/j.arthr.2018.02.021.Epub 2018 Feb 21.
- Evangelista PJ, Aversano MW, Koli E, Hutzler L, Bosco JA, Iorio R. Effect of tranexamic acid on transfusion rates following TJA: A cost and comparative effectiveness analysis. Orthop Clin North Amer, 2017.
- Evangelista PJ, Ogrich LM, Evangelista GT. Infected total knee arthroplasty caused by Moraxella catarrhalis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis on immunosuppressant therapy. Bulletin Hosp Joint Disease, 2017.
- Clair AJ, Evangelista PJ, Lajam CM, Slover JD, Bosco JA, Iorio R. Cost analysis of total joint arthroplasty readmissions in a bundled payment care improvement initiative. J Arthroplasty, 2016 Feb 24. Epub ahead of print
- Crowe B, Payne A, Evangelista PJ, Stachel A, Phillips MS, Slover JD, Innech IA, Iorio R, Bosco JA. Risk Factors for Infection Following Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Series of 3836 Cases from One Institution. J Arthroplasty, 2015 Dec. 30(12): 2275-8. Epub 2015 Jul 2.
- Evangelista PJ, Kamath AF, Aversano FJ, Silvestre J, Lee GC, Nelson CL. Ceramic-Ceramic Hip Arthroplasty for Osteonecrosis: Average 5-year Follow-up in Patients Less Than 50 Years of Age. Bulletin Hosp Joint Disease, 2015;73(1):42-5.
- Evangelista PJ, Evangelista LM, Evangelista GT, Ruth JT, Mills JL Sr. Delayed complete limb ischemia following a closed tibial shaft fracture. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ), 2013 Dec;42(12):569-72.
- Kamath AF, Evangelista PJ, Nelson CL. Total Hip Arthroplasty with Porous Tantalum following Acetabular Fracture: 2-4 Year Outcomes. Hip International, June 2013. Sep-Oct;23(5):465-471.